Thursday, August 2, 2012

Thankful Thursday: Feels Like Home

Awhile back- well, even last semester- I felt like a wanderer. I didn't really fit in anywhere, and I felt like my "home base" wasn't really defined. But now? It's a whole new ball game. I used to be the girl who never got homesick and never really understood how or why people did. But now, my heart aches for two different places. It aches to be "home" with my boyfriend when I'm at school, and when I'm "home" with Mitch, my heart aches to be "home" with my adopted family.

Although it feels as if I'm going to break in two at times, I wouldn't trade it for anything. I am content in both places and lack nothing. I'm loved and cared for in both places, and I have safety, security, and joy. And it will still get better. Because in just one more year, both of my "homes" will be in the same place- or at least within an hour's drive. Being "home" is one thing, but feeling like I have "home" is a feeling that delights me over and over again.

So today, I am thankful for the homes that my heart has and holds dear. What are you thankful for?

No comments:

Post a Comment