Thursday, July 19, 2012

Thankful Thursday: The Gift of Music

As you may or may not know, I'm a music major- a vocal music education major, to be exact. But I find that I don't stop often enough to think about what a marvelous gift I've been given.

As far as I can remember, I've been singing. We have embarrassing home videos of me making up silly songs when I was barely old enough for grade school. When I started violin, it came pretty quickly to me, and my ear has always been at least three steps ahead of my voice or my fingers. That's not something that can come from me.

No- something like that can only be gifted my my Creator, and I've found that He's drawing me closer to Himself every time I open my mouth to sing- not only in worship, but also in other settings, like a practice room or an ensemble rehearsal.

And while I'm enjoying the opportunities that the gift of music is giving me on this Earth, I can't help but look forward to and be panting for the time when I will be singing of His glory for ever and ever with the countless others who love Him.

I am thankful for the gift of music and song, because it constantly brings me closer to God. I am thankful because of the opportunities that it affords me while I'm still dwelling in this world. I am thankful.

No comments:

Post a Comment