Thursday, March 15, 2012

Thankful Thursdays: Grace and Gratitude.

Every day, every single day, I am reminded of God's grace. I am reminded of just how good he has been to me, and I am continually humbled and thankful.

Yesterday, I told my story to someone. Actually, to two people. It was a scary thing for me to do- to tell my whole story without holding anything back. And doing that and seeing the way that they reacted made me thankful for my story, and for my past. I've been thankful for the "ending" and the "rescue" for as long as I've been a Christian, but I realized that I 'm also thankful for the ugly parts of my past that made such a beautiful rescue and such a wondrous new beginning possible.

I am thankful for God's grace. It is written all over my life, and it is such a huge part of my everyday.

I am thankful for God's rescue. He sent His Son to die so that I could be rescued from my old life. That is so often such an unfathomable blessing. There was nothing good about me, but He loved me, and He wanted me anyway.

I am thankful for God's promise. It gives me hope for the days that are yet to come.

I am thankful for the community He has placed me in. I may be on the outside most of the time, but He has shown me beautiful people.

I am thankful that I can share my story with others.

I am thankful for my Savior. I have no words for it.


Even amid the struggles and pain of this life, God has not left me, and He will not. He is continually pouring out His grace all over me. I'm nowhere near perfect, or lovely, but He loves me anyway. And I am eternally grateful.

No comments:

Post a Comment