Thursday, September 20, 2012

Thankful Thursday: Answered Prayers

This week, I have been watching in awe as God has been answering prayers all around me, whether they be prayers regarding my life or regarding my friends' lives.

For example, we've been praying about a job that one of my friends interviewed for recently. If she was offered the job, she would be able to live in town and be closer to her friends, church, and everything in general.

Another (possibly groundbreaking) example: Instead of praying and begging for God to send me friends, or "fix" me so that I have an easier time relating to people, I have been praying for awhile now that He would help me to be content in loving Him and in having a relationship with Him; that I wouldn't be chasing after people of the world so that I would have someone to talk to (locally) and just shoot the breeze with. Funnily enough, when God became my focus, He sent me someone that I can see a friendship growing with.

But really, God answers all prayers, whether it be yes, no, not yet, I've got something better, or even any other answer that He chooses to give. While dwelling upon the "yeses" in my life recently, I've seen the "not yets" and the "something betters" that are coming, and that have come, into fruition.

I am thankful for God who reigns with Truth and Grace. I am thankful that He hears and answers prayers. I am thankful that no matter how difficult I find it to fathom, He loves me, and He wants to have an active relationship with me.

I am thankful. What are you thankful for?

No comments:

Post a Comment