Thursday, April 5, 2012

Thankful Thursday: Ready to Run

I am so thankful for my body. I may not be perfectly content with the way it looks right now, and I may be angry or frustrated with it when I'm in pain, but it is my body.

And it can do some amazing things.

Like right now, I'm training for a 5K. I've always wanted to be a runner, I just never thought that I was capable. But here I am! Last night, I ran 2 miles. And tomorrow? Two and a half. Before I started training, I had never run more than a mile at a time...and I hated every second of it.

Now, though, I'm actually starting to like running. It helps me release tension and stress, and it's my chance to have some valuable "me time."

I am thankful that I am (for the most part) physically able. What are you thankful for?

No comments:

Post a Comment